Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Progress So Far

I recently constructed the bead chains. This involved composing the beads in a coherent way, finding a wire which fitten them and fixing them to the wire. I then turned one end of the wire into a hook so that it can latch onto the wires in the compartments and corresponding stand. There are a total of six chains so the next step will be to construct a set of six compartments to fit them into.
At the moment, I have the strands hanging from a piece of copper wire which is being held up by two blocks of plaster. I used these materials because they were lying around my room but I actually like the aesthetic they give the piece so it's starting to make me think how I could make them work for the final. While I was waiting for some glue to dry, I made some notes on the piece of plaster which I wrote on with a marker pen. Interestingly, I like the way this has turned out. During the last tutorial, I was talking to Ben about how to show the relationship between the array list and the wire where the array objects can be placed. It came about that maybe a list of index numbers might work as a way to show how the objects are intended to be composed. This has made me think that maybe writing this index number list on the blocks of plaster that are holding up the wire could be a good way to show this.
I will carry on exploring these ideas and see how the piece progresses over the next couple of days.

Here is the progress of the piece so far:


This shot shows the writing on the wire that I've been experimenting with at the moment. I'm not positive on whether this technique will come up in the final piece but it's something else to consider.





No comments:

Post a Comment