Here is the final set of bead chains. I chose to colour co-ordinate them separately to emphasize the idea of order and sequence which is related to arrays. This way it shows that when the objects are in the array, they are very much separate, but they can be put together through interaction to form a piece of art. I felt that it was important that all the chains related to each other in some way, so that when they were placed in order, they had a nice aesthetic and appearance. To achieve this I selected a couple of types of bead which are incorporated into all the chains - firstly that small, clear connecting beads and also the hollowed out silver beads (some chains contain small versions of this and others contain larger ones). I also tried to choose a colour scheme that meshed well.
I didn't want to show too much similarity between the chains because I feared that to someone that was new to processing, this might imply that objects of an array have to be the same, which is not the case. Therefore the patterns and heights of the beads very within the series, showing the differences quite clearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment