The next code I experimented with was one which involved fading/lightening circles:
http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=591
Because of the similarities of this with the other code, I can see that array lists can be recognized by square brackets and the fact that they are always coded with the word 'new'. When I removed the 'new' section of code, it would not play so it is obviously an essential part when coding for arrays.
I was trying to work out what the values in the square brackets meant so I decreased the numbers by an equal amount:
This broke the code though so I tried decreasing all the obvious values in the code by the same amount but it came up with an out of bounds warning when the code broke
What I can tell from this though is that the information in an array is intertwined throughout the code, visually creating a matrix type thing. This could be an interesting approach to take for the exhibition piece by looking at how the data lists effect the block of code as a whole and how it interacts with other sections of code.
http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=591
Because of the similarities of this with the other code, I can see that array lists can be recognized by square brackets and the fact that they are always coded with the word 'new'. When I removed the 'new' section of code, it would not play so it is obviously an essential part when coding for arrays.
I was trying to work out what the values in the square brackets meant so I decreased the numbers by an equal amount:
This broke the code though so I tried decreasing all the obvious values in the code by the same amount but it came up with an out of bounds warning when the code broke
What I can tell from this though is that the information in an array is intertwined throughout the code, visually creating a matrix type thing. This could be an interesting approach to take for the exhibition piece by looking at how the data lists effect the block of code as a whole and how it interacts with other sections of code.




No comments:
Post a Comment