From the definition of them, I can tell that arrays work in an order, and the index number of the information codes for the sequence that the information will be coded in. So the first alteration I made when exploring arrays was in the index numbers of the data list. I used this code from OpenProcessing:
http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=20509
and put it into Processing which created these visuals:
I then switched round the index numbers:
This sketch is a moving one in which the ellipses gradually 'drag' themselves down the screen. So the orientation of the ellipses weren't changed but the cololur dispersion was. From this I can tell that the array list works as a key of sorts so when the index numbers are changed, the visual product is switched around. Because of the nature of this change, the outcome can be predicted however because it is a simple 'switch' in the code - there are no unexpected changes.
http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=20509
and put it into Processing which created these visuals:
I then switched round the index numbers:
This sketch is a moving one in which the ellipses gradually 'drag' themselves down the screen. So the orientation of the ellipses weren't changed but the cololur dispersion was. From this I can tell that the array list works as a key of sorts so when the index numbers are changed, the visual product is switched around. Because of the nature of this change, the outcome can be predicted however because it is a simple 'switch' in the code - there are no unexpected changes.




No comments:
Post a Comment