Thursday, 14 April 2011

Selecting Colours

I find the process of selecting and combining colours to be one of the most interesting in the coding process. Although it's simple, I personally think that colour contributes greatly to the aesthetic of the design like this which in turn relates to the mood and enjoyment of the user.
Back home, we have a collection of mugs from the company Pantone. All the mugs are completely different colours but when put together as a set, they always seem to work coherently When I'm choosing colours, I always have these sets of colours in mind as a way to pick colours which are diverse but don't clash.
For this project, I am working with piano notes which I consider to have a pleasant and melodic sound to them. Because of this, I had quite a subtle colour palette in mind, similar to these Pantone colours...


I started to introduce other colours which I thought had the same visual connotations since they will all be represented by the same instrument.  Here are some of the colour combinations of the final sketch:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment