During our lecture this week, there was a section on the relationship between sound, shape and colour. I found this really interesting and wanted to incorporate it into my design for this project. This lead me to the base of my design - a series of different shape and colour ellipses, each with a corresponding sound which I am going to try and match to its appearance.
I then brainstormed what could be done with these shapes with some key words...
Interaction
Spontaneity
Sound
Animation
Variable
My first idea was to have the ellipses suspended on string and make them so they were released when clicked on by the mouse. To make this sketch more interesting, I thought the shapes could bounce when they reach the ground after being released.
The second idea involved still ellipses which sounded when clicked on. To make this sketch interactive, I thought that the user could have the ability to drag the ellipses on top of one another in order to combine sounds.
This lead to the third idea which I hope to develop into the final design. Here is the initial storyboard for it, I will post the development of this idea over the weekend once I have worked on it some more.
I then brainstormed what could be done with these shapes with some key words...
Interaction
Spontaneity
Sound
Animation
Variable
My first idea was to have the ellipses suspended on string and make them so they were released when clicked on by the mouse. To make this sketch more interesting, I thought the shapes could bounce when they reach the ground after being released.
The second idea involved still ellipses which sounded when clicked on. To make this sketch interactive, I thought that the user could have the ability to drag the ellipses on top of one another in order to combine sounds.
This lead to the third idea which I hope to develop into the final design. Here is the initial storyboard for it, I will post the development of this idea over the weekend once I have worked on it some more.

No comments:
Post a Comment