Sunday, 6 March 2011

Experimenting with Colour


One of the features of coding which I have always had trouble with is coding for colour, so I designed a pattern which relied almost entirely on gradual and controlled colour changes. The template was easy enough to create, which is made up of long, narrow rectangles with no stroke lines. Once I had selected a starting colour (I chose pink because I think the gradual changes in tone are beautiful), it was a matter of deciphering which numbers would lighten the tone and by what value they had to be changed in order to make a noticeable progression. I found this to be a very helpful process which has definitely made the prospect of changing colour less intimidating to me...


Here is a section taken from the final code...

The full code is on OpenProcessing:

http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=22634

Some more of the first patterns - experimenting with colour and shape:



1 comment:

  1. good to see your beautiful colour stripes. Would also be interesting to see how you ended up coding it :). Angela

    ReplyDelete