Sunday, 6 March 2011

Coding Bubbles




When I think of elegance, I think of something which is delicate, soft and flowing, so when it came to creating an elegant pattern on Processing, the idea of bubbles came to mind. I have always loved their smooth form and motion and thought they would be an interesting project to try and create through codes.  I wanted to show the subtle colours of the bubbles as well as the increase in intensity of colour when the forms overlap.

Here is the plan I decided on:



After translating this plan to Processing, I decided that the entire circle in the left hand corner detracted from the pattern and gave it a feeling of chaos which I wanted to avoid. Instead, I added another ellipse centered at the corner of the page. I prefer the simplicity of the three broken up ellipses and yet I think the initial inspiration is still apparent. The final pattern is below.



Here is the link to the code in OpenProcessing:

http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=22642

No comments:

Post a Comment